A Place To Grow
To preach, teach and practice the amazing grace of our Lord and Savior,
Our Statement Of Faith
* that there is one living God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Though three distinct persons, equal in divine perfections, they operate in such complete and total harmony that they are in fact one God. He is Creator and King of the universe, unchangeable in His Being, all powerful, all present, all knowing, holy, wise, just and loving.
* that the eternal Son of God took upon Himself the form of a man by means of the virgin birth, lived a sinless life, performed miracles and healings, suffered vicariously for our sin bringing atonement by His shed blood, and finally was resurrected bodily and ascended to the right hand of God where He performs the ministry of intercession and from whence He will return in power and glory.
* that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, is the supernatural agent of God in the regeneration of the lost, indwells believers, guides them into truth and enables them to live godly lives in faith and holiness.
*that the one true God has revealed Himself in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, the inspired Word of God, and supremely in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Old and New Testaments are inerrant and infallible in their original writings and are the supreme and final authority for faith and practice.
* that man was created in the image of God with the purpose of glorifying God. Through disobedience he sinned, bringing depravity and death upon the race and separation from God. The entire human race shares in man's lost and depraved nature and stands guilty before God.
* that man is powerless to save himself, that salvation is the gift of God by grace alone, received through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His work on our behalf. This faith is manifest in words pleasing to God. The inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit. The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness.
* that Satan is the author of sin, the cause of the fall and our continuing adversary and accuser. His defeat has been accomplished by the death and resurrection of Christ and he awaits eternal punishment at the second coming of Christ.
* that the Church is the body of Christ, the brotherhood of the redeemed, a disciplined people obedient to the Word of God and a fellowship of love. The local church is comprised of born-again believers in a certain geographical area, uniting under God-given leadership in order to worship God, to edify the saints and to propagate the gospel.
* that those who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ should be baptized with water as a symbol of cleansing from sin and union with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. Since it is an outward sign of an inward reality, it is administered to those committed to the Lordship of Christ. It is performed in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
* that the church should observe the Lord's Supper as a symbol of Christ's broken body and shed blood. It is a memorial of the Lord's suffering and death as well as a reminder of His spiritual presence among His people. It is to be received in an attitude of reverence and self-examination "until He comes."
* that God has established unique roles for man and woman and that Christian marriage is intended by God to be the union of one man and one woman for life, and that Christians shall marry only "in the Lord (1 Corinthians 7:39).
* that Christians are not to be conformed to the world, but should seek to conform to Christ in every area of life.
* that at death the unsaved enter into everlasting punishment and the saved into conscious bliss with Christ, who is coming again, and will raise the dead, sit in judgment and bring in God's everlasting kingdom.
* that the consummation of all things is inaugurated by the visible, personal, glorious return of Jesus Christ. His judgment will bring about eternal salvation and life for the believer in heaven and eternal separation and punishment for the unbeliever in hell.